Saturday, January 25, 2014


February 9, 2012

1.     Graded paper rewrites and late papers until 5:00
2.     Got home and noticed Emily was tutoring her friend in Algebra II. Said hello to the friend thinking how amazing it is I have a kid so good at math.
3.     Told the little kids to be careful playing live action angry birds and then took Natalie to dance.
4.     Stopped and got gas at the full service station congratulating myself on timing my need for gas so that I was on the right side of town for the full service station.
5.     Stopped at the Fareway for barbeque sauce and hamburger buns.
6.     Said excuse me to a giant man who kept walking in front of me and I wondered why women make their husbands and giant adult sons go grocery shopping with them because they always get in my way.
7.     Walked out to my car with the Fareway guy (and considerably more than hamburger buns and BBQ sauce) and realized I know the mom parked next to me who is going out at the same time. I hoped she wouldn’t look at my trunk because it is filled with so much garbage it looks like I belong on some TLC reality show.
8.     Got home just as my husband was pulling in.
9.     The little kids are still playing live action angry birds and I hope they don’t throw Sophia too far.
10.  Made supper and explained to my husband that Emily’s friend doesn’t need our leftovers.
11.  Texted my best friend to remind her she will be 40 tomorrow.
Texted my best friend to remind her this is the 27th birthday she has had with me as a friend.
12.  Ate supper
13.  Helped Jason make a spelling crossword puzzle, a spelling song, and look up all his spelling words, complaining the entire time about why he waited until the last minute to do his week of spelling and loudly questioning the usefulness of spelling packets.
14.  Went ballistic when Jason informed me he wanted to do an extra project because Zach P. would do an extra project and he wants more points that Zach P.
15.  Explained to Jason that Zach P.’s mom has nothing to do but help him with homework, jog, and do her hair so she has time to help him. Thought about how much I don’t like Zach P.
16.  Picked Natalie up from dance and decided I needed new boots.
17.  Stopped at the mall and drug Natalie in to help me buy new boots.
18.  Tried on a shirt over a bulky sweater in the middle of JcPenney thinking I was grateful my daughter is not easily embarrassed. Bought the shirt.
19.  Went home and Dorothy told me she didn’t have her skirt for her choir concert tomorrow. Freaked out looking for it in all the hampers and laundry baskets. Ended up crying, crumpled on top of a pile of laundry in the corner.
20.  Texted my friend the psychologist to ask her if there is something clinically wrong with someone who can’t ever manage to get her laundry folded and put away. She assured me having five children and a fulltime job was not a diagnosable illness but it might require medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment